Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Make like a U-Haul
Topic Started: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 pm (224 Views)
Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
Stryke usually appeared busy, but no more so than now, where a dozen wagons were lined up, being filled with boxes and crates. They'd take the train once they reached Crossfields, but there was no easy way to get inventory from woodland hunting village to the main roads. Even Alec hauling out six or seven large crates at a time didn't seem to speed up the process. After dragging a large sack of... what even was it? Wheat? Corn meal!? Oh who cared...

Alec wiped his brow with a stray paw and sighed. "Is it over? Am I dead yet?" Even a dragon needed a breather for five minutes after this many boxes.

"No, but I'll keep you posted, Al," Mags said, laughing and hefting another sack onto the wagon. She was one of dozens working to fill these wagons and take out caravan after caravan to the train station bound for Montpalais. The thought of unpacking these monstrous crates made Alec picture how many he and his jungler main could set aflame between a dragon and a very "done" strella. "You're the idiot who wanted to buy a school so you're the idiotic reason we gotta fill it."

"You'll be grateful when Cayenne has an education because of me...!" Alec shouted after her but she was already walking off, giving him the finger over her shoulder. Alec smirked and sat up on his haunches to stretch upward like a black cat. As a few fae started coming up from Sol proper with crates marked for weaponry (well, marked as "books" to cheat the customs guards), Alec sighed and got up. If the training grounds were being packed, Summer and Iris must be around. He braced himself to go find them, if they didn't find him first.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CaptainHoers
Member Avatar

At the tail end of the group carrying the "books", was a fae carrying a very long crate of "books" over one shoulder. Probably spears or something. Er, extremely tall almanacs. It was clear she was having trouble with the pace of the group, because of the cumbersome shape of the box. She kept nearly bumping the people in front with it, and if she slowed up, the weight balance of the box started tipping back throwing her off balance, so she walked in almost a see-saw fashion. Clearly this kind of box should have been shared between two people, but no. It had to be Iris showing off. She spotted Alec from a distance and shot him a lazy wave-salute thing. Don't mind me, just carrying improbably awkward boxes by myself. No big deal.

Krisabelle
Member Avatar
DANCING ON, DANCING ON, DANCING ON RAIN---
Summer walked past Iris, carrying a few smaller boxes in a stack on one arm. Without breaking momentum, she grabbed one side of Iris' bookcrate and let it hang off that arm to bear half the weight. She set her crates on the now crate-shelf that was steadied between the girls and then held her end of it behind her, both arms back, while she walked forward, half-pulling Iris along. No commentary, not wink, no sly smile. Just silent packmuling, sworn to carry Iris' burdens.

"The 'library' is almost packed, Professor," Summer said, coming closer to Alec and tipping her hat in his direction as she helped load the crate up.

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
An eyeroll for the one playing box hero, then a chuckle at Summer's antics. Alec padded over on all fours, each ear perking a little everytime his claws clicked. He missed that sound sometimes when he wore boots and, well, had feet. The dragon sat like a big cat near them as Summer forced the box into the wagon. His pupils dilated at the sentence.

"Never going to be used to being called that," he sighed, scratching one ear with a backfoot then swishing his tail around to coil around all fours. "Actually, it feels like I'm never going to get used to anything ever anymore. The second I get comfortable, something changes..." He said it wistfully, looking off into the distance at nothing.

CaptainHoers
Member Avatar

"Oh, don't get me started," Iris chuckled. "I'm gonna start complaining about... y'know, everything, it'll just be a bad time." She rolled the shoulder she'd been using to carry the crate, squinting like she was stinging a little from it. "That was bad lifting technique, agh," she muttered. She didn't dwell on it, and hopped on the wagon to sit on it like a bored teenager looking for a perch. "Something on your mind, Al?"

Krisabelle
Member Avatar
It was Summer's turn to roll her eyes, but only at Iris' half-admission to having done something that hurts herself for no actual net benefit of the group or herself. Ah well. Nothing convincing her to a massage later wouldn't fix. Summer snapped out of her fantasy at the creaking of wood when Iris took the wagon. The flor brushed her hair out of her face and looked up at the dragon.

"Yea, sugarcube, why the long face?" She paused. "Well, cept the part where you actually have a--- nevermind. Ceci is rubbing off on me like ticks on a sheepdog. "

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
"What, a guy can't complain generically about generic complains as generically as possible with nothing particular in mind without getting the twenty-questions about how something's probably wrong but it's actually nothing? Ha h a h a?" Alec said, then slumped his head. "Welllllll you see, it's just that... I have to.... ......... hitch this wagon to the one in front of it so if you'll excuse me."

He picked Iris up like she weighed nothing, plopped her down next to her obvious-to-everyone-but-them waifu, then grabbed the hitching bar at the front of the wagon in his teeth and started to tug it backwards like a dog. It was slow going. Kinda awkward actually. Just don't make eye contact with either of em while you move at 2 miles per hour, Alec.

CaptainHoers
Member Avatar

Iris squinted at the slowly departing Alec, and then shot Summer a glance. You know, the eyebrow-raised-who-does-he-think-he's-kidding one. Then she snirked. "Okay, if I wasn't curious before, I'm definitely sure something is up now." She walked up to the back of the wagon and leaned against it with her arms resting on top. Just a little push. Not enough to send it out of control, but it might make his job a little easier. "C'mon, share the load. We're already helping you lug boxes, it's basically the same thing."

Krisabelle
Member Avatar
"Boxes," Summer said, looking up and counting on each finger in a mental listicle, "Anxiety. Same thing, really. Like tomatos and ketchup."

She was really starting to think her cousin was influencing her in the worst way. Summer rounded the wagon and leaned over to where Alec was tugging. "Boop!" she said, poking a single finger into the locket he wore that contained his magic. She stared at him with amusement, then took one side of the hitch and started to pull it for him. "Can't pretend y'all can't talk if ya can't pull it with your teeth, ya snake."

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
Alec fell backward on his butt once his jaw turned into a fae's and he couldn't grip as hard. The almost-strella looked up at Summer with a glare, his dragon's tail swishing angrily under him. "I'm a wyrm," he said incredulously. It was complicated. Even "dragon" was inaccurate since he had no wings to speak for, but he'd always called himself that since it was used so generically by fae. He guessed it didn't matter much anymore since he was the supposed last-of-a-kind. He could call himself whatever he wanted. By technicalities, he was closer to a drake than a dragon, but the amphibious qualities of his form made him closer to a green wyrm. He lived in a forest, his instincts gave him a taste for flor and melia specifically (one he'd never acted on), but he didn't smell like chlorine. Maybe he was a hybrid? Now he was curious...

With an annoyed little grunt, he got up and grabbed the hitch with Summer and started pulling with his tiny, fragile, hooman hands. "It's... I mean... " Fragile. Hooman. Hands. "Am I... me? I mean.. is this," he motioned to all of him "still me? Am I lying to people when I walk around like this or is this form still who I am...I..."

He dropped the hitch, sitting on the wagon's bumper to slump and sigh.

"I feel like I'm living a life that's not real but this is... I'd rather be like my friends than be some... extinct monster."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Stryke (Sol Oriens) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme made by HawkBlade124 from Zathyus Networks Resources