Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Coppelia; attn: Ceci
Topic Started: Fri Dec 2, 2016 8:47 pm (591 Views)
WilloWisp
Member Avatar

As the winter solstice drew nearer, the air around Montpalais was becoming chillier. No snow had fallen yet, but there were fewer and fewer people on the streets as fae decided that their evenings were better spent under blankets and snuggled up with their loved ones.

Adelaide slid out of the back of the Sinful Embrace feeling underdressed, with a padded leather jacket and boots over her usual clothing. Her only nod to the cold air was a large pink scarf wrapped around her nose & mouth, clashing horribly with the rest of the outfit. She had just gotten an approval for a week's vacation. She had been having misgivings about the job for a while now, and this would give her some time to reevaluate.

She was already feeling like a weight had been lifted off her chest; even if she decided she couldn't afford to leave, at the very least taking a break was good for her. Now she just had to figure out what to do with the time... She pulled out a cigarette, lighting it to warm her hands. She didn't exactly have much in the way of friends or family to visit. After a long drag on her cigarette, she decided to start with lunch.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
As if out of thin air, Cecily was walking beside her. The faerie was in a long overcoat, with only the rim of her skirt peaking under it. Her hair was pulled under a white knitted hat against the cold air. She kept pace with her former roommate, down to matching her footfalls. She supressed a snicker from herself as she maintained the walk.

"Excuse me, miss," she faked a rather decent british accent. "Have you the time?"
Edited by Fethur, Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:22 pm.

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

Adelaide took another long drag on her cigarette before responding to the stranger. "I'm sorry miss, I don't-" she started, before taking a second look at the "stranger," her eyes narrowing. She was glad that the small smile Cecily's appearance had put on her face was being covered up by the scarf. "Pink." she said dryly, nodding as she tapped the ash of her cigarette into the street. "I was just about to get some lunch at that diner by the palace. Care to join me?"

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
"Sure thing, Addy! I actually work near there now." She was half skipping, keeping pace with Adelaide and kicking her feet up in a big swing before her each time she stepped. She motioned a thumb at herself, looking over at her friend to wink. "Working at that new school that just went up as a student counselor. We just finalized enrollments for the January semester."

More skipping. She dug her hands in her pockets and leaned forward to look up at Adelaide. "I like your scarf~" she beamed, giggling. "It reminds me of something but I caaaan't quite put my teeny tiny finger on the big fat hint."

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

Suddenly feeling very self conscious, Adelaide grabbed the loose end of her scarf and wrapped it around her shoulders. "I just needed a scarf, that's all," she said defensively, her face suddenly feeling very hot. "It's... cold." She couldn't admit she'd chosen the scarf because the color reminded her of Cecily, even though it didn't really fit with the rest of her outfits.

It took her a few more minutes of walking in awkward silence before she regained her composure and picked hte conversation back up. "So you're working at that new school?" she said, doing her best to sound casual. "Must be nice."

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
"A-yuppers!" She smiled sidelong, thumbing her lip at the side as she stared into displays of sweets and holiday goods on display in every shop window. "It's mega exciting, exceeeept for the part where Izzy moved to Stryke." She slammed a fist into her palm, filled with determination and hunger. "So now I have to get Izzy and his pet pinion to move back here whenever I do semesters so I don't have to become a frequent flyer."

She fell forward at the waist, still walking, but letting her top half hang limply in defeat. "Hnn... airships are soooo cool, Addy, but the security gate is awful. How do you explain to guards around here that you aren't sure where the cannon came from? Why does no one believe me?"

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

"Because you/re unbelievable, Pink," she said, covering her mouth as she smiled and shaking her head. "We've known each other for what, a year now, and I still can't believe I believe you." Her attitude was infectious; Adelaide had already smiled twice, and a slight spring had entered her otherwise crisp gait.

When they reached the café, Adelaide chose a small table near the entrance and seated herself. "Doesn't Izz- Isaac. Isaac. Still own the bar here?" she said while they were waiting on the server, grateful for the opportunity to avoid talking about herself.

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
"You know, I betcha he totes!" she said, chin resting on her knuckles as she looked up in contemplative whimsy. Her eyes fell back to the conversation after a fleeting flashback to how she'd first accidentally stumbled upon Isaac. "But what about it, Addy? Last I heard the bar was still being repaired after some big kablowie - and not the usual bamboozle that's my fault!"

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

"Did it? I wouldn't know," Adelaide said, tapping her finger on the table in a rhythm as she waited for them to be served. "I just thought maybe he could come here instead sometimes, but that kills that idea." She sighed, doing her best to play it off as impatience at the lack of service.

A very young waitress came up to serve them when she heard the sigh, giving them a shaky smile. "What can I get you?"

Adelaide skimmed the menu for a moment before ordering herself a double shot of espresso. The girl nodded, turning to Cecily.

Fethur
Member Avatar
Forum Admin
"One double dip mocha skinny latte frap with soy. whip the cow; and a piece of cheesecake, soigne, a la minute. Give it a strawberry blood blath, full blowout, on a cinnamon raft, animal style, with a shimmy and a squeeze. Burn it, and let it swim." She held up the unopened menu, handing it to the waitress with a chipper smile. "And if you have any szechuan sauce, could I get a bottle for the table? Thankie!"

The waitress seemed... perplexed... but polite. She nodded, taking their menus and orders before stepping away. Cecily set her napkin gently in her lap before taking the lemon off her complimentary water and sucking on it. "I just want to make sure I can still keep in contact with all of my friends but still do my job as that whole -" she lowered her voice into a dramatic manly announcer... well as close as it gets. "Element of Laughter thing I still gotta do for Al."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Montpalais · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme made by HawkBlade124 from Zathyus Networks Resources