Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Blue Skies Above; Gale Blaaaades
Topic Started: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:57 pm (939 Views)
Krisabelle
Member Avatar
DANCING ON, DANCING ON, DANCING ON RAIN---
"I'll say it's far easier to work a machine that's shut down than when steam's billowing everywhere, at least," Audre said, wiping his brow on his sleeve before stopping to roll it up; not that it mattered, as the fabric was already stained with oil. He said on his knees, trim duster thrown over the back of a chair by the door as he knelt in the engine room of this vast airship.

He gave the machine a gentle pat, affectionate of the old girl, this being the first time he'd seen her. He had arrived first to the cave where from their ship sailed: Dominic said to meet here. Audre had roamed around looking for life, and on finding none, explored deeper into the belly of the beast until he had found this marvel of machine. And now he tinkered with it. Surely there was a way to make it go faster... these pirates knew nothing of rigging.

"Clover, hand me that wrench won't you?" He held his hand out behind him. Waited. Five seconds. He turned to glance backward only to see a door half ajar and a missing girl he could've sworn he'd brought here with him. "... No matter," He laughed in a burly, hearty way, jaunt smile gracing his face as he got up to fetch the wrench from his own bag. "Good idea, Clover! You see to finding our new hires, and I'll make sure this beauty can fly."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Foxfelle

"Ugh," Clover rolled her eyes. She could hear his laugh from down the hallway as she left. She tried to remember the winding way they had gotten down to the lowest deck. Since the engines weren't in the communal areas, she recalled they'd gone down at least two sets of rotting wooden stairs and at least one ladder down a very tight tunnel Audre's shoulders barely survived. From her pocket, Clover produced a small quartz gem and shook it until it glowed to help light her way through a dark ship with closed windows in a dark cave. Even the way the dust kicked in the light looked more eerie without her uncle's presence.

"H-Hello...?" Clover called out loudly as she found a ladder. She tucked the gem into her bra to make the climb, coming out on the next floor up. The gem remained in her cleavage, glowing through her tank top and keeping a faded glow around her as she now roamed hands-free. She adjusted her stockings and skirt as she stood again and crept down the upper floor, one below the main deck, she thought.

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

Edgar turned the corner looking distracted, almost running into Clover before looking up and backing up "Oh, Clover, just the girl I was looking for!" He said, a sharp grin lighting up his face before clasping her hand. "Something told me I'd find you down here." He looked around them at the tight quarters with the doors leading to private chambers before turning his attention back to one of their newer members. "How are you enjoying the accommodations?"
Edited by WilloWisp, Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:14 pm.

Foxfelle

She suppressed a scream halfway through, playing it off as though she had built up a sneeze. She choked a moment on her own tongue, finally eyeing Edgar back with a calm face. Well, it was calm to her. She'd always had a bad case of resting bitch face even when she was happy or contemplative like she was now. She realized she was staring at him intently instead of answering, and coughed again.

"U-um, just.... it's really dark. You... Y-you should open some windows, my god! It's a complete safety hazard here." She folded her arms, staring at nothing in particular but taking great interest in one of her own boots to let her hair fall over her blushing cheeks. Audre had said they were joining a crew to go on adventures, alright?! No one said anything about twenty-something winged adonis captains. "Uncle Audre is down in the maintenance tunnels probably choking on oil and his ego if you're looking for him," she muttered. "I was going to start... opening windows... We should take off as soon as everyone's here so I don't have to be a boob lantern."
Edited by Foxfelle, Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:30 pm.

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

Edgar laughed, patting Clover on the back. "You go ahead and do that," he said, recovering his composure. "I don't spend too much time down here, so I wouldn't have noticed. Hard to feel the winds when you're cooped up." he patted one of the door frames affectionately. "It's been too long since we've been in the air... Now! If you'll excuse me, I do need to have a word with your uncle," he said, nodding to her and continuing on. "Come up on decks sometime, we get some great views!"

He worked his way down into the engine room, grabbing a crystal of his own and hanging it on his belt. It was a bit of a squeeze getting down; the strella who made these things clearly didn't plan on fliers ever being in here, and he was glad to oblige them most of the time. "Audre! How's my ship!" he shouted out once he got down to the ladder, not bothering to go any deeper than he needed to without any wingspace.
Edited by WilloWisp, Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:14 pm.

Foxfelle

Stupid... wind... and its... she hated wind. Yeah. Wind sucks. She simply nodded to him, turning wordless on her heels to the nearest room to open the wooden shutters covering each porthole. Dark. It was dark. This place needed more light. The plant lady demanded the moon.

Krisabelle
Member Avatar
"Oh ho! A voice that actually wants to talk to me! One second..!" All smiles, Audre threw his jacket over his broad shoulders and started to wipe the oil from his hands as he made his way back toward the ladder. He shouted, "Runs finer than a a damsel in heels late for her pumpkin patch."

He reached Edgar, slightly out of breath, but offered his hand for a jaunty shake, teeth practically sparkling, he was smiling so merrily. "Good to see you proper, Edgar. Have you seen my wallflower niece around? She was supposed to be handing me tools but I've gone and finished without her, and she's disappeared back into the angsty darkness. Haha. Teenagers."
Edited by Krisabelle, Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 pm.

Foxfelle

"Ah... ah-... CHOO!!" echoed loudly from above the lowest deck. Clover sniffled, wiping her face against her sleeve. Where did that sneeze even come from?

WilloWisp
Member Avatar

"Opening some windows, I think," He said, chuckling. "I almost ran straight into her on my way down. Seems like a charming lass.

"So," he continued, clasping his hands together. "We're good to go? No unexpected kinks in the works? I want to get up in the air as soon as possible." He was grinning amicably at the thought.

Krisabelle
Member Avatar
"As far as I can tell, Stormrider," he said as he wiped his hands on an old rag and stuffed it into his back pocket. "Truth be told I'm a little rusty at touching a real ship, but everything's in the right place. This is the kind of thing we really need to launch to know for sure."

He smiled, patting Edgar on the shoulder hard before putting his gloves back on. "So? Where is Captain Edgar's fine crew? "

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Wilderness · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme made by HawkBlade124 from Zathyus Networks Resources